BJD FashionDoll MeetsEvents/ConventionsDiaryInterviewsReviewsTutorialsFreebiesAbout

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Ellen June Jewett's Surreal Sculptures

When I first saw Ellen June Jewett's works from deviantART, I thought they were macabre and gory, but upon closer inspection, I realized they were completely the opposite. What looked like rotting flesh and jutting bones were actually vines, branches, and even small animals! I was amazed. The luxurious details she puts makes her creatures look alive. Her sculptures remind me of the Night Elf Ancients from Warcraft and Hayao Miyazaki's Spirit of the Forest from Princess Mononoke.

Sakura Caribou

Celtic Boar with Forest

Dapple Kirin

Tall Village Fox

Swift Cat

For more info, you can visit her official website, deviantART, Etsy, and Livejournal.

4 comments:

  1. Moptech12:40 PM

    OMG!!!!that kirin!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, right? <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also really love the Kirin... TToTT This person is amazing. I love fantastical creatures. I'm so tempted to buy but the price is a little out of my range right now. -_- ;

    ReplyDelete
  4. She has $10 ones sometimes on her Etsy. ^^

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...