BJD FashionDoll MeetsEvents/ConventionsDiaryInterviewsReviewsTutorialsFreebiesAbout

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Numina Paintings by Amy Sol

I've already featured Amy Sol on my blog not too long ago, but I can't help posting about her work again. Judging from the latest pieces she made for her solo show "Numina", her technique is now more polished and refined but she has still retained her signature feminine, whimsical style. I think I've fallen in love with her work all over again.

Bonfire

Cosme

Fire's Daughter

Oriel & Blu

Here is what Amy has to say about her latest work:
"I had so much fun doing these pieces. Just around the time I began working on them, I turned 30.. maybe it’s self induced, but I felt a little change inside.. definitely more collected & resilient towards just doing what I want to do creatively. I’m sure part of it is getting accustomed to my medium & having a bit more energy now for ideas rather than mostly struggling with the how-tos. Of course, each painting still has it’s highs and lows {that go beyond technicality. I’m sure every artist is familiar with this}, it’s never a seamless start to finish… but lately I feel more calm/chilled out because I accept and know that it’s just part of the process. maybe this is growing-up. if so, I love it and welcome more."

Source: Amy Sol's blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...