BJD FashionDoll MeetsEvents/ConventionsDiaryInterviewsReviewsTutorialsFreebiesAbout

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

From the Menagerie by Kareena Zerefos

Kareene Zerefos is a London-based Australian artist. She describes her work as "whimsical illustrative work with a sense of isolation and bittersweet nostalgia" that is caused by "a yearning to escape to a world of make believe". What I love most about her style is the unfinished look that her works have. The characters she paints look more alive to me that way.

Her series of children's portraits entitled From the Menagerie is my favorite from her. According to the artist, the series is about "exploring the connection between child and animal, and some- what the escapist desire to 'run away and join the circus'".


Source: kareenazerefos.com

3 comments:

  1. Xhanthi Black9:24 PM

    These are so wonderful, I love their faces. Thanks for sharing this, I'm going to go stalk her now lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, you're welcome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sarah john7:23 PM

    sounds interesting. I am gonna check this series soon. best coupons

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...