BJD FashionDoll MeetsEvents/ConventionsDiaryInterviewsReviewsTutorialsFreebiesAbout

Thursday, November 22, 2012

ManikaManila's Halloween Meet 2012

Hello dear readers! I apologize for the lack of posts recently. Work's been eating up my blogging time. OTL  Despite my crazy weekdays, I still had energy to attend ManikaManila's annual Halloween Meet! It was held in Camelot Hotel, Quezon City.

Blair and Miette in their costumes made by Madz of Dear Resin <3

Both old and new members were in attendance. The number of attendees wasn't as big as last year's Halloween Meet, but the costumes were more amazing this time around! Last year, Blair went as Daenerys Targaryen from Game of Thrones. This year, Blair and Miette went as Totoro and Mei from Studio Ghibli's My Neighbor Totoro.

Hee~ <3

As much as I love my girls' costumes, they didn't hold a candle against all the awesome costumes made by my fellow members. I feel really honored to be a part of such a talented community. It only inspires me to do better!

To see what I'm talking about, click on "Continue reading"!

As with the past Halloween Meets, there was no set theme for the costumes. Anything goes! A lot of the dolls were dressed as movie, anime and comic book characters, but there were also several original fantasy stand-outs.

I'll let the photos do the talking. XD

Sexy and fierce Catwoman ;)

Hijikata Toshizo and Okita Souji of Hakuoki

Rapunzel and Pascal from Disney's Tangled

Genjo Sanzo from the anime Gensomaden Saiyuki

CREEPY MONSTERS FROM SILENT HILL!

A Kyuubi!

A very casual and laid-back looking Joker

Lady Loki! <333

THE FOUR LOKIS ;o

Wolfy couple? XD

Spectators! Haha!

A blushing bride and a cute little panda bearrrr <3

White Mage from Final Fantasy and Fai D. Flourite from Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles

This girl is crazy cute. Her cleavage disturbs me though haha!

The March Hare from Alice in Wonderland!

Sweeney Todd!

SHARKHII LOL

Pretty couple in the form of Ceth and Hyuna, dressed as themselves. XD

I forgot who the others are supposed to be, but I know the one in the back is Dream from Sandman.

Violet as Mei Misaki from Another

Marie's MSD crew

Malakas & Maganda! <3

Tsutsugami Gai from Guilty Crown!!!! *O*

designers
Another take on the sexy "Catwoman"

More costumeless resin people.

Beautiful goths *w*

Hiccup and Astrid...

And TOOTHLESS! All from How to Train Your Dragon

Gorgeous fantasy costumes!

A gorgeous Sarimanok

A wood wife! I LOVE HER.

Check out the detailed mehndi on her hands!

AAAAAAAHHHHH I LOVE THIS COSPLAY

PRINCESS JASMINE!!!

WHAT A HANDSOME ALADDIN...

OH LOOK! IT'S ABU-NNY! /shot

I don't know what this cutie is supposed to be, but I like the little spaceship thingy! :D

LOL A RARE HOOMIN SHOT.  HAI GAIS!

Miette and her fellow Lati babies!


Blair and her fellow MSDs!

Here's a better view of Blair's Totoro costume. My favorite part has to be the makurokurosuke headdress! ^ 3^

Me and Blair XD

Ryan and Miette LOL

The well-deserved winners!

Pyramid Head won a consolation prize and Catwoman won Best Newbie! :D

The How to Train Your Dragon group won Best Group!

Lady Loki also won a consolation prize.

Sharkhii won 3rd place. Wooh!

Sarimanok won 2nd place and the little white bird won a consolation prize as well.

The wood wife won 1st!!! It's so well-deserved! Congrats!!!

Thanks for viewing. 'Til next time! /o/

8 comments:

  1. Nick Chou2:25 AM

    I don't know if it's because I viewed this way too early or some of the images are broken. >_>


    Anyway, great blog post and photos as usual! Am looking forward to next year's Halloween Meet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a lovely meet-up! We never get even close to being that many at a meet-up in Denmark. XD
    Me looking through the photos: "Omg Hakuouki.. Omg lady Loki.. Omg a shark.. Omg Aladdin and Jasmine." So many wonderful costumes. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha yeah I accidentally published it while editing. >_>
    Thanks bb!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was! Believe me, this is a relatively small meet-up. XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pictures, Kass! <333 Everyone did so well making the costumes. /SO AMAZED. :,D These doll meets just keep getting better. X3 I can already imagine what it'll be like 2-3 years from now!! MM FTW <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Lala bb! Hahaha 2-3 years? Hopefully I can catch up to all you awesome people by then. =))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh Kass everyone looks so awesome and beautiful, including the hoomins! What an awesome group :D Do you have photos of Blair as Dany!? I'd love to see them!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Immie! I posted a photo of her in an old blog post of mine over here: http://imcatchingfireflies.blogspot.com/2012/03/game-of-thrones-inspired-collection-by.html

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...